Rain. According to the Chicano poet Luis Alberto Urrea, the word originated in Pachuco slang of the 1940s, and is derived from "the once-common friendly insult chivato or goat. I'm going to assume it's similar to “dude" and “guy" but in a vulgar sense out of disrespect. Relevance. Mexican OG for duuude. Login to reply the answers Post; RE.

Bato is a Spanish slang term that means, roughly, "guy, buddy, or dude."

Lv 6. And it is used by Mexicans to mean "homeboy". Answer Save. Vato, in spanish is a very informal way of calling someone dude. It always pertains to males. 1 decade ago.

The word is also used by gangsters.

1. What does vato mean in spanish? Mexican slang for "man"... there is some kind of respect implicit on this word to the guy referred as vato. Lv 7. Favorite Answer. Audio pronunciations, verb conjugations, quizzes and more. Origin: From Spanish vato, ultimately from Spanish chivato. Get your answers by asking now. I am reading a novel right now where one character keeps calling the other "vato", however, when I went to babelfish to get a translation, it said vato means "I beat". And the term "vato loco" means crazy guy. It is a term accepted by German-culichis. It's used among males, originally used by mexicans to refer to each other, it's like saying buddy, homey, …

What does the mexican word "vato" mean? vato. What does bato mean?. Spanish Alternative forms . Relevance. Vato, with a v, is also used, but has a different connotation, and can be seen as vulgar and offensive.. Related words: papi; yout; habibi; vato loco

Vato is also the ‘nicer’ way of saying ‘guey’ but is still very informal. 3. IPA : /ˈbato/, [ˈbat̪o] Noun . I hear this word routinely around Mexicans, I've never heard it used among other Spanish speaking counties. If used as "slang" it means gay, homosexual, … Meaning of vato. guy. A VERY DERISIVE term, when applied between an anglo and a lowrider, or a blood and a crip, always a terrible fight commenced. 1 decade ago. Information and translations of vato in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web. 0 1 0. Spanish: Vato Type: Popular Meaning: “Vato” is to the 50 and older crowd what “buey” is to the younger generation. The instance Bato instead of Vato should be more appropiate as it sounds on the streets. Lv 7. vato m (plural vatos, feminine vata, feminine plural vatas) Anonymous. 4 Answers. Translation of voto at Merriam-Webster's Spanish-English Dictionary. "Vato" is a spanish term that means "guy" or "dude". 2 Answers. Pato, also called juego del pato, is a game played on horseback that combines elements from polo and basketball.

Types Of Business Goals, Presentation On Honesty, Concern For Others Essay, Hunger Games Summary Pdf, How Long To Write An Academic Paper, Appendix Powerpoint Template, Role Of Animals In Human Society, Hamlet Act 5 Scene 1 Quizlet, Nurse Manager Essay, Short Story On Sympathy, Reddit Personal Statement, Ppt On Malaria And Its Prevention, Bruce Davison Age, Distance-time Graph Problems With Solutions, 13 Plus Exam Papers, Mental Health Random Acts Of Kindness, Climax Of Macbeth, Tok Real Life Situation Ethics, Workplace Instructions Examples, Battle Of Duck Lake, Nursing Graduation Quotes, Be Your Own Hero Essay, Desiderius Erasmus Accomplishments, Mentor Teacher Job Description, The Pillow Book Pdf, Linear Regression Practice, Maya Angelou Autobiography, Introduction To Literature Essay Assignment, Facts About The Crucible, Theme Of Love And Revenge In Wuthering Heights Pdf, 100 Art Themes, Design Evaluation Example, How To Love Yourself Again, I Can T Write Papers, Reddit Cs Personal Projects, Hp Office Paper,