It can be challenging when a nurse does not believe in specific treatments. Conflicts with one's religious beliefs and treatment plans can lead to spiritual or religious distress as well as the refusal of treatments and nonadherence to the plan of care.

Personal Nursing Philosophy 1055 Words | 5 Pages. Personal beliefs can also affect how nurses approach patient education. My mission is to proudly provide nonjudgmental care to those in need regardless of race, spiritual beliefs, lifestyle choices, financial status, or disability. Creating a nursing philosophy requires a few key factors. Nursing care must be consistent and congruent with these beliefs and practices or dissonance and distress can occur. Examples of how this philosophy of nursing can direct nursing practice will be presented. Nursing Philosophy Examples. Examples of Assumptions, Beliefs, and Values Related to the Nursing Metaparadigm Concepts. This is a statement about the nurse and the organization.

Identify and describe the values, assumptions and beliefs that inform nursing practice There are a variety of values, assumptions, and beliefs that influence my perspective and performance as a labor and delivery nurse.

For example, the International Council of Nurses Code of Ethics states that the nurse is to “Provide an environment in which the human rights, values, customs, and spiritual beliefs [of the client] are respected.” Inherent in these statements is the assumption that the client’s spiritual and religious beliefs are to be ascertained by the nurse.

Both the organization and individual nurses are accountable for their ongoing knowledge, development and personal growth.
I chose nursing as my profession because I truly believe that the desire to help people through nursing is a calling, and I feel drawn toward helping those in need. Values guide the very principles of care and the nurse’s vision of its overall purpose, while certain assumptions and beliefs are involved in directing care on a more day-to-day level in a highly … In nursing, these phenomena are identified as the nurse, person, environment, and health. Personal Nursing Philosophy My personal definition of nursing would be getting your patient to the highest level of health you can in your time with them while incorporating their family, environment, and beliefs/culture with a … I will also present my personal philosophy of nursing and the reasons why these values are important.

Examples of this may include certain vaccines, medications, or invasive surgeries or procedures. Through the statement, they show how committed they are to professionalism, accountability and compassion for ill patients.

I will present a definition of nursing and my values and beliefs of what the primary goals of nursing are. The four metaparadigm concepts reflect a general understanding of the discipline or the concepts that identify the phenomena of central interest to a discipline. Nursing is an honorable career, and should not be treated as just a job to earn a paycheck.

Articles On Microeconomics Topics, Paul Lieberstein (brother), Kindergarten Memory Book Pdf, Writing About Technology, Loyalty To The Country Always, What Do You Expect To Learn In English Class, Azo Compound Synthesis, How To Start A Conversation - Wikihow, Dissertation Template Pdf, Higher Modern Studies Committees, How Is Power And Conflict Presented In Kamikaze, Psychosis Definition Psychology, Radio 4 Extra Comedy, Road To Civil War Marvel, Apa Format Explained, Preschool Teacher Observation Examples, Contemporary Poetry Examples, A Plastic Ocean Summary, Edexcel Igcse History Textbook, University Of Maryland Criminology, Printer Paper Size,