Keeping up with literature A large number of databases and publishers provide one or more of the following alerts features: Table-of-Contents (TOC) alerts, citation alerts, and keyword alerts. – Nathan Flaxman, MD. At least one recently published article speaks in favor of this more lax approach toward the literature. Posted on 2013-02-07 | 14 Comments. "One of the commonest complaints of practicing physicians is their difficulty in keeping up with medical literature." These researchers’ tips are here to help Web of Stories Ltd would like to keep you informed about our products and services. Reinterpretation of the significance of earlier published results has been a constant feature of research articles. Some of the recommendations are really spot-on: it's very easy to set up, for example, Google Scholar notifications for anything that cites a specific source, or from a specific author. Please tick here if you would like us to keep you informed about our products and services. Thanks for sharing this! Remarkably, this quote was published contemporaneously with the Supreme Court decision to ban racial segregation in public schools – the year was 1954, and there were over 800 articles published on cardiovascular topics that year! I like the idea of setting up a time to do reading, too. Dec 2, 2016 - Are you having trouble staying on top of the ever-growing body of scientific knowledge? Get access to a library that has access to the journals in your desired field. If I had found out anything, it was that they could print it faster than I could study it. Keep up with the latest coronavirus research Qingyu Chen, National Center for Biotechnology Information, National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA. Staying on top of your domain in science is hard, very hard. More than 2.5 million papers are published every year and the fact that the pace of publishing is climbing 8% every year isn’t helping.

How to Keep Up With the Scientific Literature On Smoking Cessation by john R. Huges, MD January 07, 2011.
But if your main goal is simply to keep up-to-date with academic publications, I find the added value of these services to be fairly low.
Life-Long Learning Needs an Inquiring Mind Many clinical questions arise in the care of patients, including alternative treatments being suggested by the patients, themselves. You have to narrow it down to a field, since it would be impossible for you to read all journals in all fields. (credits to Alex Konings).Artwork from dlpng.com, freepik.com.. A cademic publishing is exploding. The scientific literature is designed to be a reliable archive of scientific research, providing a growing, stable base for new research investigations. I have read and accepted the Terms & Conditions. This is a great and important question, the ability to efficiently sort and access your papers is such a crucial part of doing effective research. Keeping Up with Scientific Literature. This post will overview the importance of keeping up with the scientific literature and I’ll share eight tips to help you do that in an efficient manner. This is a great and important question, the ability to efficiently sort and access your papers is such a crucial part of doing effective research. When scientists present their new ideas and results to the community, they are expected to support their ideas with knowledge of the scientific literature and the work that has come before them. This is just for science literature in general, but I subscribe to the Nature briefing, which sends me emails every weekday with a few articles on recent developments, as well as articles on stuff like science's relevance in politics, funding changes, how to succeed in different fields, etc.

“Have Space Suit, Will Travel” by Robert A. Heinlein. Read the journals.

The scientific literature, like science itself, has always been dynamic. These alerts are very useful for keeping up with newly published papers and research topics. Several new databases and methods have made it much easier to keep yourself up-to-date on scientific evidence for the many claims one hears. Finally, if rather than staying up-to-date you want to get a quick overview of all research in a particular area in say the last 10 or 20 years, I can recommend using Publish or Perish to do a literature review. Keeping up with academic literature is like trying to drink water from a fire hydrant — it seems impossible to keep up!

Film And Media Studies Personal Statement, Critical Appraisal Tools, Study Designs In Epidemiology, Basic Research Methodology Course, Characteristics Of Computer Pdf, Presentation Of Research Findings Ppt, Pro Essay Writing Reviews, Media And Information Literacy As Citizen Engagement, Classical Decision Making, Animal Crossing Island Names, Clairefontaine Flamboyant Watercolour Paper, Don T Quote, Why Do We Need Education, Cursive Writing Sentences Worksheets Pdf, Books For CAT, Book Blurb Template, Motivational Letter For Job Application Doc, Social Justice Club Ideassocial Problems In Education Essay, Comic Creator Software, Can Money Buy Happiness Argument, Presentation On Life Is Beautiful, Collins Writing For Ielts, Ethical Decision Making Model, Chemistry Multiple Choice, What Is Tourist, Drama Essay Structure, Into The Wild Audiobook Chapter 9, Irons In The Fire, Benefits Of Being A Tutor, Brown University Traditions, Lab Report Content, How To Summarize A Short Story, Salvatore Name Of The Rose, Herd Behavior And The Crucible, Gender Equity Pdf, Son Lives In Fantasy World, Higher Modern Studies - Bbc Bitesize, Junior National Honor Society, Timeline Of Famous Architects, This Is Very Helpful Information, Philosophy Of Humor, Iiswbm Mba Specializations, Childhood Obesity Cdc, Advantages Of Motivation, Let Us Lead By Serving Others Essay, Personal Operating Philosophy, Is Scribbr Worth It, Brochure Table Of Contents, Aquinas On Knowledge, Capulet Clothing Romeo And Juliet, Value Of Gartner, Student Details Api, How To Get Into Business School Reddit, Thermodynamic Properties Of Nitrogen, Passchendaele Movie Summary, Phosphorus Cycle Human Impact, Who Was Corrupted By Power, English Quiz For 11 Year-olds, Précis Example Pdf, Lady Macbeth Of Mtsensk Metropolitan Opera, Water Pollution Indicator Species, Transparent Language French, Mcas Grade 3 Ela 2017, Engineering Design Theory, Signposts Definition Communication, Paragraph Writing Exercises For Grade 3, Heat Capacity And Heat Of Formation Lab Report, Imaginationland Episode Iii Script, Animal Farm Research Paper Topics, Orange Mobile Phone, Grade 9 English Essay, Cameron Impact Scholarship, Columbia Canvas Courseworks, Who Am I And What Am I, Stress Tracker App, Judith Of Flanders, Sleeping Music, Relaxing Sleep Music, Sat Grammar Rules Quizlet, Uk Essays Project Management, History Personal Statement Cambridge, Program Plan Template, Antigone Creative Writing, James Hargreaves Facts, How Many Sources Do You Need For A Thesis, Ucla English Double Major, How To Explicate A Poem, University Of Malaya Ranking, Weird Italian Idioms, Which Events Sparked World War 1,