Symposium. For the major themes of Socratic philosophy, you can read a combination of Xenophon's Socratic dialogues, and the early Platonic dialogues, Euthyphro and Apology. It will be best used if paired with (1). For Plato, I would suggest Meno, Phaedo, Theaetetus, and Republic, as well as epistles VII and VIII. If that's the case, then cherry-picking on the best known, later works can lead to a distorted view of what he's trying to say.

There are different types of philosophies, and some are similar, some are almost completely opposite. I'd also suggest picking up (3) Philosophy of Art: A Contemporary Introduction.

It will help you sort through any concepts you come across that seem alien. Gorgias. And yet, Nietzsche is undoubtedly essential to understanding the turn that philosophy took thereafter. Crito.
The effect of his philosophy is presumably built to be cumulative. Apology. Phaedo. What I mean by this are philosophers whose prose style is as essential to their work as their conceptual contributions. Republic. Stickied comment Looks like we killed the site with the old "reddit hug … A used philosophy textbook will give info about dozens of philosophers, epistemology, metaphysics, and possibly touch into ethics. The essential reading list for Plato is as follows: Euthyphro. Those will give you the major themes that we're fairly sure are authentic Socrates. Essential reading that can be found in both (1) and (2) includes: Hume, "Of the Standard of Taste" Kant, excerpts from The Critique of Judgement

Protagoras. Most people don't know there is more to philosophy than just "philosophy". Meno.

The Great Gatsby Essay Introduction, Aibileen Clark Quotes, How Many Chapters In A Novella, History Personal Statements, Importance Of Nursing Theories As A Basis For Practice, Our Knowledge Of The External World, Social Media Posting, Decision Making Examples, Drunk Driving Examples, Describe A Song Or Piece Of Music You Like Ielts Speaking, Film Dissertation Examples Pdf, How Healthy Am I Essay, Types Of Seminar, Hope In Shawshank Redemption Essay, The Essays Of Ralph Waldo Emerson, Owen Wister In Wyoming, When Is The Tok Essay Due 2020, How To Blowdry Hair Straight Without Frizz, The Grid Koyaanisqatsi, Hunger Games Book Club Activities, Famous Formal Poems, Visual Arts Class, Cheap Art Projects For Adults, How To Create A Writing Portfolio In Word, Word Insert Word Count For Section, Reference Manager Word Plugin, Character Sketch Of Antonio With Headings, Life Of Pi Teachers Pay Teachers, Personal Interview Essay, Language Features Of Analytical Exposition, The Place Where I Was Born Essay, 11+ Entrance Exam Past Papers, Project Action Plan Template, Private Peaceful Letter From Charlie To Molly, Is Climate Change A Proper Noun, Strengths And Accomplishments, Thrill Seekers Imdb, Personal Development Goals For Leaders, How To Write A Graduate Research Paper, Life Size Character Analysis, Into The Wild Book Review, A Level Computer Science Syllabus 2020, Supplemental Leadership Essay, How To Get Better At Writing Essays Reddit, Teenage Pregnancy Lack Of Knowledge, All You Can Ever Know: A Memoir, Skellig Islands Tours, Fancy Words For You, Psat Results 2019, Humor In The Celebrated Jumping Frog Of Calaveras County, Critical Analysis Of Research Article, Is Advanced Higher English Hard, • Allan, Trs, ‘parliamentary Sovereignty: Law, Politics And Revolution’ (1997) 113 Lqr 443, Article Structure Template, Stationery Cards Amazon, Report On The Establishment Of A Mint, Climax Death Of A Salesman, Questions About The Civil War,