Second Battle of Artois This article does not cite any references or sources. The Second Battle of Artois .

Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources.Unsourced material may be … The battle was fought during the German offensive at the Second Battle of Ypres (21 April – 25 May), which the Germans ended to reinforce the Artois front. The Second Battle of Artois, or the Artois Offensive, was a major French attack in Artois towards Vimy Ridge from 9–15 May 1915, during the First World War. Men of the 2nd Battalion, Cameronians (Scottish Rifles), preparing battle kit outside a dugout behind Cellar Farm at 0515 hours on 9 May 1915. The Third Battle of Artois (25 September – 4 November 1915), was fought by the French Tenth Army against the German 6th Army on the Western Front of World War I. The Second Battle of Artois began on May 9.

The battle is also known as the Loos–Artois Offensive and included the big British offensive by the British First Army, known as the Battle of Loos.

The second battle of Artois, 9 May-18 June 1915, was the most important part of the Allied spring offensive of 1915. 13.

Moroccan troops were able to reach Vimy Ridge on June 16, but were pushed back by the Germans. Artois, France 50°30′N 2°45′E  /  50.500°N 2.750°E  / 50.500; 2.750 Coordinates : 50°30′N 2°45′E  /  50.500°N 2.750°E  / 50 Result The French attempted to wrest the high ground of Vimy Ridge and Loretto Heights from the well-entrenched German defenders in the Second Battle of Artois. The Second Battle of Artois (9 May to 18 June 1915) Preparations for the French offensive on Vimy Ridge and Lorette Spur began on 3 May with the methodical shelling of … Hello everyone, this is the fifteenth episode of my WW1 series and today I'll be explaining the Second Battle of Artois. Pétain’s Advance. THE SECOND BATTLE OF ARTOIS, MAY-JUNE 1915 | Imperial War Museums The goal was for the French to capture Vimy Ridge and break the German line. The Second Battle of Artois (Deuxième bataille de l’Artois or Lorettoschlacht) from 9 May – 18 June 1915 was a battle on the Western Front during the First World War. Trolley 07/20/17 . By Jonathan Krause. I won't be covering the Austro-Italian front, as I … The Second Battle of Artois was fought between the French and British against the Germans.

Early Trench Tactics in the French Army The Second Battle of Artois, May-June 1915. Paperback $50.36 . The Second Battle of Artois, May-june 1915 Q51647.jpg 480 × 800; 72 KB Topography of the Arras-Lens area showing ridge lines.jpg 860 × 1,314; 722 KB Vimy 1916.png 593 × 611; 365 KB Generals Joffre, Foch and Pétain led the battle, which began with 1,125 French guns firing over six days, the greatest preliminary bombardment of the war to date.

A British signalman on the telephone in a captured German trench at Festubert, May 1915. The Battle of Festubert.

Observation Essay Topics, Professional Reflection Example, How To Write Observation Notes, William Of Poitiers: Gesta Guillelmi Online, Writing Your Novel From Start To Finish Pdf, Medical Case Study Examples, 1984 Totalitarianism Analysis, Short Descriptive Stories Gcse, Neoclassical Growth Theory, Math Perseverance Activities, My Further Disillusionment In Russia Pdf, Future Force Salesforce Careers, Opinion On Discrimination, Why Is Reflective Practice Important, Ielts Reading Question Types Pdf, Erin K Stacy Blackman, Hamlet Soliloquy Translation, Process Analysis Pdf, What Happens If You Fail Pgce, Lord Of The Flies Descent Into Savagery Quotes, Practice 5 6 Evaluating Expressions With Decimals, How To Plot A Mystery Novel, Atlantic Stores Reviews, Toefl Speaking Samples, Emerson Fate Pdf, Report Writing Format In Business Communication, Emotional Strength Essay, 1200 Word Essay, Horror Story Anime, Modern Language Association (mla Format And Documentation), Vietnam War Thesis Statement, School Of Life, Berlin Wall Witnesses, Social Work Education Definition, Facebook Education Careers, Self-confidence Essay Pdf, Laurel Canyon Music, Summary Of Neo Malthusian Theory, 3 Reasons To Not Celebrate Columbus Day?, Chicago Annotated Bibliography Example Pdf, Hunger Games Book Club Activities, Biography Character Traits, Wordplay Examples In Rap, Linking Words Quiz, Cause And Effect Informational Text Worksheet, How To Do A Masters Thesis, Website Idea Generator, How To End A Personal Statement Examples, Pgcert Data Analytics, Narrative Media Group, Essay Outline Example Mla, How Did The Industrial Revolution Impact Education In The United States? Quizlet, Journalism Org Social Media, Anarchist Library Mirrors,